Sunday, February 5, 2012

Superbowl Sunday




Go Giants!  Well the Superbowl party at the Webb's was a success for the third year. I look forward

to having this party every year. My mom was  pretty upset the Giants won ,but she will be ok in a few days. The food we made for the game this year was awesome. My mom cooked wings and meatball subs, perfect game food. I made cheese dip, homeade salsa, and three desserts. I made eclair cake for my brother, cheesecake stuffed strawberries, and mini glazed strawberry cakes. I meant to take photographs of all the food before everyone started eating, but I got caught up in the game and being with my family. I did manage to snap a photo of the mini glazed strawberry cakes and the recipe is below. Thanks for reading.

Mini Glazed Strawberry Cakes

Cakes

1 box super moist yellow cake mix (mix cake with ingredients as directed on the box)

Glaze

1 small bag of frozen strawberries (thawed and add 2 tablespoons of sugar before thawing to produce juice)

1 can sweetened condensed milk


preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix cake mix as directed and then pour into greased  muffin tins (should make 24 cakes)  . Place cakes in oven for about 20 minutes. Remove cakes from oven and then use a fork to poke small holes into each cake. After cakes have cooled down a bit, remove them from the tins and place on a cookie sheet. Pour the sweetened condensed milk over each cake evenly , you may have a little milk left after you are finished. You can either discard it or pour it over the cakes. It depends on how much glaze you want. Then place the cakes in the freezer for about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the freezer and then drizzle the strawberries and juice over each cake. I try to get about 3 strawberries onto each cake. Then remove the cakes and place onto a serving dish and refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy. 

* I drizzle the milk and strawberry juice that was left on the baking sheet over the strawberries and cakes after placing them on the serving platter. It uses all the leftover strawberry juice and the milk and it adds a bit more sweetness to the cakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment