Thursday, March 13, 2014

Life Lately In Photographs

You may have noticed a slight change in my blog header photograph? Or if you follow me on instagram, you already know about the latest additions to our family. Yep, we are the proud owners of two chickens, and a rooster. I don't know who is more excited, the kids or me? Probably me. The kids seemed to lose interest in them after a day. I find myself going into their coop and just watching them to whatever it is chickens do, aside from laying eggs. We decided to raise chickens for fresh eggs, however, I have gotten attached to them, so the eggs are just a bonus. I will say hearing a rooster crow at 6 am has been an adjustment. Poor fellow is still adjusting to the time change. For two days he didn't know if he should crow at 5 or 6 am. I could go on for days about the chickens....but I won't ramble any longer. We have been very busy building the coop for the chickens, and planting everything in the while the weather has been warm. Here are a few photos of life lately at Sara's house.

Mini Strawberry Galettes { I will post recipe next week}


Two of the eggs layed by our chickens. Almost too pretty to eat.
Planting boxes made out of old ammo crates attached to the side of the chicken coop to save space. These two hold swiss chard and green leaf lettuce. My husband made them for me: ).
Another view of the planters.


Chicken Coop made entirely from salvaged and reclaimed materials

The inside of the coop, and the nesting boxes

Lucy, Molly, and Honest Bob (Kristin named the rooster after a family friend)









No comments:

Post a Comment