Sunday, March 4, 2012

Sunday at Sara's House

2 minute french toast 
This morning everyone slept in, that almost never happens around our house! We slept until 9:45am, it must be a new record. To reward my children for the much needed extra sleep, I made french toast,  two minute french toast cooked in the  microwave. The kids were excited because they got to eat breakfast out of a mug. I made mine and my husband's in ramekins. French toast cooked in the microwave tasted better to me than french toast made the old fashioned way. It was delicious. I will be making french toast like this again in the very near future.

Chimichurri sauce

My potato salad

In honor of another gorgeous day outside, we decided to cook out on the grill. So for Sunday dinner I made a chimichurri sauce for the grilled pork chops, potato salad made with baby red and yellow potatoes, corn on the cob, and salad. I know chimichurri sauce is typically made for steak, but I decided to make it for the grilled pork chops. I think the two worked very well together, and everyone else thought so too. The potato salad was made with a mixture of baby yellow and red potatoes. parsley, fresh garlic, red wine vinegar, and coarse ground mustard. I will post the recipes tomorrow for everything shown. Have a great night everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment