Friday, May 18, 2012

Blackberry Cobbler Cake



Happy weekend everyone! I hooe your Friday has been good. I started off my morning with a trip to the dentist to have a tooth extracted, but my night is going much better. The dentist told me to rest for at least 24 hours, the only problem is I dont rest, not to mention 24 hours feels like an eternity for me to sit still. I have to constantly be doing something or feel like i am being productive. I am a little ADD. Sometimes that can be beneficial, but today it seemed to be a hassle. This evening I began to feel better and decided I wanted to bake. I thought just because I cant eat the berries doesn't mean I cannot back with them, and so I made the cobbler cake. It is most definitely one of the easiest desserts I have ever made, and it tastes like summer. I urge you to make this very very soon. Enjoy!



Blackberry Cobbler Cake
recipe adapted from www.jennysteffens.blogspot.com

1/2 stick unsalted butter
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
3 cups blackberries
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup milk

Sprinkle three teaspoons of sugar over the blackberries and set aside. Melt the butter and then pour into a 9 inch pie plate. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, and milk. Pour the mixture over the butter, do not stir or combine. Pour the berries on top of the mixture and bake in the oven for 40 minutes. Let cool for approximately 30 minutes, then serve with vanilla ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment