Monday, May 7, 2012

Paula Deen's Brownies




 A few weeks ago, on a late night shopping trip to Walmart, I bought Paula Deen's Southern Cooking Bible. I love all things Paula Deen, and it made perfect sense for me to add her cookbook to my growing collection. Tonight, I decided to try something from the book, so I picked Nutty Fudge Brownies. I swear  I could here her reading out the instructions to the recipe as if she were right in my kitchen. Anyways, to make a long story short, I tweaked the recipe a little to be more suiting to my family's taste. They turned out pretty awesome. I like playing with recipes and making them my own, you never know what you will get. It could turn out to be a dud or something absolutely amazing. You dont know until you try. Have you tried a new recipe lately? Was it a hit or a miss? 

Sara's Version of Paula Deen's Nutty Fudge Brownies


2 sticks unsalted butter
8 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
4 oz milk chocolate chips
1 cup flour
2 cups granulated sugar
4 large eggs lightly beaten
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13 x 9 baking pan with cooking spray. In a large saucepan, melt the butter and both types of chocolate chips over low heat, stirring constantly. When melted, whisk in the granulated sugar, then the eggs and vanilla. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and walnuts. Using a rubber spatula, fold the chocolate mixture into the flour mixture just until combined. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until firm and set, this takes about 30 minutes. Remove and let cool. 





3 comments:

  1. MM LOVELY PICS:) I really like your blog..do you have twitter or FB??

    If you want some swedish decor inspiration, you can check out my blog:)
    Have a great week.

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
    (Sweden)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I will certainly check out your blog. Yes I am on pinterest and facebook. My pinterest account iname is Sara's house. Facebook is Sara Webb. Have a great week.

      Delete
    2. Thank you very much. I will certainly check out your blog. Yes I am on pinterest and facebook. My pinterest account iname is Sara's house. Facebook is Sara Webb. Have a great week.

      Delete