Sunday, July 15, 2012

Chocolate Chip Brownie Cookie Sandwiches




Today is national ice cream day, so we decided to make ice cream sandwiches. I also wanted to play with my new kitchen gadget, the cuisipro stack and scoop for ice cream sandwiches. It makes the ice cream look so pretty sitting on the cookie. I am easily entertained. I used two different types of cookie for our sandwiches. The first one was a homeade chocolate chip brownie cookie. It tastes wonderful by itself, but when you pair it with ice cream, it is to die for. It is so rich and decadent. The outside is crunchy like a cookie, the inside is chewy and moist like a brownie. The second cookie used was a store bought chocolate chip cookie. It tasted really good too. The kids and I played around with them a bit and made this huge ice cream sandwich pictured above. I had fun, it reminded me of what it's like to be a child again. I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Chocolate Chip Brownie Cookie


3 cups powdered sugar
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
3 large egg whites

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl mix together the powdered sugar, cocoa, and salt. Add in the vanilla. Whisk in the egg whites just until mixture is moistened. Add in the chocolate chips. The mixture will be thick and gooey. The brownies will be cracked.  Place spoonfuls of the mixture on cookie sheets. Chill the mounds for about 5 minutes. Place them in the oven for about 14 minutes.  Remove and let cool completely. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment