Saturday, July 14, 2012

So Many Peppers


Allen and I had no idea all of our pepper plants would do so well, especially since this was our first year to plant a garden. We have peppers coming out of our ears. I am finding ways to include peppers in everything I have been making. We have also given several batches away to our family and friends. I cut up a few of them today to make a pepper medley. My hands are still on fire. I used jalapenos ,salsa peppers, banana peppers, and mild chili peppers. This mixture smells amazing when combined together.
The colors are gorgeous. This recipe would be great as a topping for fajitas, and it would also work well in a salad to give it a little spice. Ok, alot of spice. These are pretty warm, and  are perfect for someone who loves spicy food.

Pepper Medley


1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and sliced
1 to 2 banana peppers, seeded and sliced
1 salsa pepper, seeded and sliced
1 chili pepper, seeded and sliced
1 clove fresh garlic, grated
salt and pepper
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar

Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl and stir well. Refrigerate or serve immediately.


No comments:

Post a Comment