Monday, October 7, 2013

Fall Favorite | Mini Pumpkin Pies



I have a confession, I am not a huge fan of pumpkin. I love decorating with them, I love baking with pumpkin, but I don't really like the taste of it. Maybe it is a texture thing? However, my kids, father, and husband are huge pumpkin lovers. My dad's favorite dessert for the fall is pumpkin pie, and it may be Kristin's as well. Last week I watched her eat a whole pumpkin pie alone in three days. She may have even had a slice as an after school snack. I know that probably isn't going to earn me that parent of the year award, but she really enjoyed it and I don't let the kids do things like that all of the time. Anyways, I have been trying to come up with a pumpkin pie recipe that I would like and I think I finally nailed it. I have several little cocottes that I have never used so I thought why not use them to make mini pumpkin pies? They turned out so cute don't you think? For these pies I actually didn't line the cocottes with crust before adding the filling. Instead I poured in the filling, baked it until done. Then added the baked crust cut outs over the top. You could do it either way or even both ways would be great. Enjoy and have a great day !!!

Mini Pumpkin Pies

1 can pure pumpkin puree, I used Market Pantry brand
1 cup heavy cream
2 large eggs
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon  fresh grated nutmeg

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Beat together the eggs in the bowl of a stand mixer on medium speed for about 1 to 2 minutes. Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix until combined and smooth. Pour even amounts into mini ramekins or cocottes. Place the cocottes or ramekins on a cookie sheet and place in oven for 25 minutes. Then turn oven down to 350 and cook for another 25 minutes or until center jiggles slightly. Add your cooked pie crust cut outs to the top and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment