Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Homeade Salsa


It feels like Spring, the weather is amazing today, and I am pretty sure it wont last  long so I enjoyed every moment of it. The warmer weather motivated me to get so many things done around the house. I organized the pantry and my cabinets, cleaned up the backyard, canned my homeade salsa, and had a cookout. I have been a very busy woman today. I was going to post pictures of our covered patio in honor of the beautiful weather, but decided it is not exactly blogworthy right now. I still have a lot to do to get it ready for the warmer months. Instead, I decided to post pictures of the homeade salsa I made today along with the recipe. Enjoy and thanks for reading.









Chunky Salsa

3 tomatoes 
1 large white onion
4 tablespoons of cilantro
2 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded
3 small limes
1 1/2 tablespoons of fresh finely chopped garlic
kosher salt 
pepper

Chop the tomatoes and onion and place in a medium size bowl.  Then finely chop the jalapenos and garlic, add these to the bowl. Roughly chop your cilantro and put into the bowl. Add the juice of the three limes. Sprinkle about a teaspoon of salt and pepper into the salsa. Stir well. I refrigerate the salsa for about an hour before eating but you can eat it warm. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment