Monday, February 13, 2012

Pots de Crème

Thank you to pioneer woman for introducing me to Pots de Crème. Her recipe is so simple and absolutely amazing. I decided not to add the Grand Marnier, but added vanilla instead for the kid friendly version. My husband and my children devoured one jar of this already. These make a great valentine's day treat.




 
Thank you to pioneer woman for introducing me to Pots de Crème. Her recipe is so simple and absolutely delicious. I decided not to add the Grand Marnier, but added vanilla instead for the kid friendly version. The whip cream is a must because it cuts down on some of the richness of the chocolate. My husband and my children devoured one jar of this already. These make a great valentine's day treat.






Pots de Creme
recipe from  www.thepioneerwoman.com



1 bag of semi sweet chocolate chips
4 eggs
1 cup very strong, hot coffee
dash of salt
2 tablespoons of vanilla
whipped cream for serving

Place the chocolate chips in a blender. Crack in the eggs, then add the salt and vanilla. Blend for a few seconds or until combined. Pour the coffee in a thin stream through the blender lid until its all in there. Then blend until combined and smooth. Pour the mixture into cups and place on a baking sheet. Refrigerate for two hours or until chilled and set. Remove from refrigerator and top with fresh whip cream. I put the mixture in mason jars because it makes them look very pretty and they have lids so they are portable. Each person can have their own or you can give them as a gift.















No comments:

Post a Comment