Saturday, March 10, 2012

Salsa Recipe # 2

We are spending our Saturday night at home, mostly because it is too cold and rainy to go outside to do anything. We did take the kids to go see "The Lorax" earlier today, they loved it. Since we were all stuck indoors for the evening I decided to do something productive, I made salsa. My hands are on fire from slicing a single jalapeno, that's right, just one! Hope decided she wanted to eat a few jalapeno seeds, I assure you she will never do it again. A piece of bread and two glasses of milk later, she recovered.  I must say, all burning aside, the finished product was well worth it. I think this may  be my best salsa recipe so far. We also made rice crispy treats for the kids. Have a great night.

MY SALSA



HEART SHAPED RICE CRISPY TREATS

Homeade Salsa

1 can stewed tomatoes, undrained
1 can mild rotel tomatoes, undrained
4 garlic cloves
Juice of 1 1/2 limes
1 white onion 
1 1/2 cups cilantro
1 to 2 jalapenos
1/4 tsp sugar
1/2  tsp kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon cumin


Blend all ingredients in a food processor until you get your desired consistency for the salsa. I blend until there are no large chunks left in the mixture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment