Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Well Stocked Pantry

The weather is not at all inspiring today, it is 44 degrees and pouring down rain. I have to go grocery shopping tonight, and I don't want to! I pride myself in keeping a well stocked fridge and pantry, but I have let both diminish lately, due to lack of motivation and long work hours. I am the girl who always has all the ingredients on hand to cook whatever I choose, but not this week. So, tonight I am going to the grocery store and stocking up once again. I didn't understand the importance of a stocked pantry until I started to cook every night. Here is my list of items to have for a well stocked pantry. Have a good day.

Baking Essentials
flour
sugar
baking soda
baking powder
powdered sugar
cocoa powder
eggs
pure vanilla extract
salt
unsalted butter
salted butter
milk chocolate chips
semi sweet chocolate chips
white chocolate chips
baking chocolate
sweetened condensed milk
evaporated milk
milk
honey
brown sugar
oats
peanut butter

Cooking Essentials
chicken broth/stock
beef stock/broth
dried beans
pasta (I keep several different types in the pantry)
canned tomatoes
tomato sauce
fresh garlic
lentils
bread crumbs
crusty breads
vinegar
olive oil
canola oil
vinegar
white wine vinegar
red wine vinegar
balsamic vinegar
canned tuna/chicken
dijon mustard
coarse ground mustard
mayonnaise
pickled peppers in a jar
hot sauce
ketchup
white rice
brown rice
canned chilies

Produce
celery
carrots
onions
russett potatoes
red potatoes
fingerling potatoes
lemons
limes
bell peppers

Meats
boneless skinless chicken breast
whole chicken
chicken breasts and wings
ground beef/chuck
ribeye steaks
flank steak
pork tenderloin
pork chops
fresh tilapia
ground pork
chorizo
andouille sausasage







1 comment:

  1. Love this Sara! I'm copying this for my home too. I haven't gotten over here in a bit and you are amazing! Can't believe all the wonderful recipes and food you churn out!
    Kim:)

    ReplyDelete