Monday, May 21, 2012

Peach Dump Cake Cobbler




If you happen to be baking challenged then this is most certainly the recipe for you. I stumbled upon this recipe from the sixsistersstuff.com website. These ladies know how to do dessert. The recipe has four ingredients, so I was sold . The crust is buttery and gooey with a little hint of cinnamon, and the peaches give it a little tart to balance out the sweetness. It makes for a great summer dessert. I have decided to make it again for our Memorial Day party on Sunday. Have a great night. 




Peach Dump Cake Cobbler
recipe adapted from sixsistersstuff.com

2 cans of sliced peaches in syrup
1 box of yellow cake mix
1 stick unsalted butter
1 tsp of cinnamon

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Pour peaches with the syrup into a 9x13 pan. Pour the cake mix over the peaches and press firmly. Cut the butter into small cubes and put over the cake mix. Sprinkle the tsp of cinnamon over the top. I used vietnamese cinnamon because it is a little more potent. Place in the oven and cook for 45 minutes. Remove and let it cool, then serve.

4 comments:

  1. Sara,
    Haven't gotten to visit for a while. This looks really yummy and I'm thinking maybe for Memorial Day too! Love your kitchen remodel pictures in the other blog. I love the same things!

    Hope you have a good holiday weekend!

    xo

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. and now you have made MY day...because I LOVE peach cobbler!!! so this looks amazing!

    glad my post spoke to you...
    you know...your comment alone makes my writing so worth it.
    I should be thanking YOU.

    have a beautiful day...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,

      I hope you and your family have a great holiday weekend!

      Sara

      Delete
    2. Laura,

      I am glad I could add a little something to your day. I look forward to your posts each and everyday. You make me laugh out loud and help me to keep sight of the important things. Again, thank you so so much and keep writing!

      Delete