Thursday, June 28, 2012

Pickled Cucumbers



I have found a new obsession for the summer, pickling. I have pickled everything in our garden from cucumbers to jalapeno peppers. My favorite thing to pickle is cucumbers. I will make them and then eat the entire jar by myself. The best thing about my recipe is you dont have to boil your brine. It works well cold.  I also like adding specials touches to the jars I use for canning and pickling. The one pictured above is a mason jar with a chalkboard sticker attached. Simple but it still gives it that extra something. Here is my recipe for pickled cucumbers. You won't be disappointed.

Pickled Cucumbers

2 large cucumbers
1 cup distilled vinegar or white wine vinegar
3 tsp vegetable oil
canning salt or kosher salt to taste
pepper

Peel and slice your cucumbers into thin round slices. Place the cucumbers into a bowl and sprinkle with some  kosher salt. Mix with your hands. In a separate bowl, mix the vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper with a whisk until well combined. Pour the pickling mixture over the cucumbers in a bowl or place them in a mason jar. Refrigerate for about 5 or 6 hours, then enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment