Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Cinnamon Brownies




I know I have said this many times before, but these are seriously the best brownies I have ever eaten in my entire life. THE BEST! I dont know if it is the little bit of cinnamon in them or the espresso powder I used to enhance the cocoa flavor, but something makes these brownies stand out from any other brownie I have ever had. I couldnt even wait until they were completely cooled down before having a taste. If I keep making these I will soon be the new Jenny Craig spokesperson. Normally, I only have a small taste of everything I bake, and I give the rest to my family, friends, and people we know. I am going to be nice and give a few of them to the girls at the office tomorrow. I am curious to see what they think of them. The original recipe comes from The Little Red House blog. It is an amazing blog that I have recently started following. I tweaked the recipe to my liking and added expresso powder to the brownie batter. Make them and see for yourself just how good they are. Do you have a recipe for perfect brownies? What is your dessert weakness?

Cinnamon Brownies
original recipe from the little red house

10 tablespoons butter
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs, cold
1/2 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon vietnamese cinnamon or regular cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon espresso powder

Position oven rack to the lower third of the oven and preheat to 325 degrees. Line the bottom and sides of an 8x8 square baking pan with parchment paper or foil leaving an overhang on each side.

Combine the butter,sugar,cocoa, and salt in a medium heatproof bowl and place in the microwave, cooking in 30 second intervals as not to overcook. Stir after each 30 seconds. Cook until butter is melted, and ingredients are well combined. It will look gritty but will smooth out once the eggs and flour are added. Stir in the vanilla with a wooden spoon. Add the eggs one at a time, stirring vigorously after each one. When the batter is shiny, thick, and appears well blended add the cinnamon and espresso powder, stir until combined. Add the flour and stir until you cannot see it any longer, then beat vigorously for 40 strokes with the wooden spoon. Spread evenly into the lined pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until a toothpick in the center emerges slightly moistened with batter. Cool completely on a wire rack and then sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired. Cut into squares and enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment