Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Black and White Cheerio Bites



Tonight I had the house all to myself for almost two hours. My husband took the kids to swim with all of their cousins as a little back to school celebration. Of all the things I could have done, I cooked. I wanted to do something a little special for the kids in honor of school starting so I made black and white cheerio bites. Have you ever had them? Two words, simple and addictive. The white chocolate peanut butter ones are my personal favorite. I keep catching myself going back for just one more piece.
It literally took 20 minutes to make these. Just give them a try, you and your family will not be disappointed.



Black and White Cheerio Bites

7 oz white chocolate chips
7 oz milk or semi sweet chocolate chips
2 1/2 cups plain cheerios
butter for greasing the pan
1 1/2 cups of peanut butter

Grease a shallow baking pan and cover with parchment paper. Grease the parchment paper as well. Place the chocolate chips in a pan and melt over low heat. Place the white chocolate chips in a pan and melt over low heat. When both are melted, stir until smooth and remove from the stove. Separate the two cups of cheerios and pour the chocolate chips over the first cup. Stir until all the loops are covered. Stir the peanut butter into the white chocolate and pour over the second set of cheerios. Stir until well covered. Spoon the mixture onto the baking dish, alternating the white chocolate and plain chocolate cheerios until the pan is covered. Chill for two to three hours and cut into bite size pieces. Keep refrigerated if you have any leftover.

No comments:

Post a Comment