Monday, September 22, 2014

Top 10 Favorite Things About Fall



Happy first day of fall, y'all! As you may have figured out by now, this is my favorite time of year. I just love it, everything about it (except for the allergies...ugh). The thought of it just makes me all giddy inside, like kid in a candy store giddy. The most amazing thing to me is how you can feel and smell the change of seasons. Incredible. What are your favorite things about fall? Or do you prefer spring, summer or winter? Below is a list of my top 10 favorite things about fall. Have a lovely evening.



1. Three of my children were born in October, How awesome is this? I get to celebrate the birthdays of my favorite people during my most favorite season. The weather is usually perfect for hosting an outdoor birthday party, and it's close to Halloween so everyone can dress up.



2. One word, SOUP!!!! I love soup, and would eat it 365 days a year if possible. During the fall, cooking soup is appropriate, people even expect it. However, when it's 110 degrees in the middle of July, not so much. There is nothing better than a hot bowl of soup on a cool fall evening.



3. Baking. There is something about autumn that makes me want to get into my kitchen and bake.....and eat for that matter. Nothing really compares to the smell of an apple pie baking in the oven.



4. All things pumpkin. Pumpkin pie, pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin scented candles, pumpkin bread, heirloom pumpkins...ok you get the picture, I like pumpkins. Pumpkins are the mascot of the fall season.



5. The colors. No explanation necessary.



6. Thanksgiving, my favorite holiday. Thanksgiving reminds me of so many wonderful childhood memories of my family gathering together. I can still remember the smell of turkey cooking in the oven at my parent's house as if it were yesterday.



7. Cozy nights inside spent curled up with the kids watching a movie, or reading a magazine with a daschund on my lap. Everything aglow with candlelight. So pretty and warm.



8. The warmth and coziness of a blanket or throw. During the fall/winter season, I keep a huge basket of blankets and throws next to the couch, and even place a couple over chairs in case you get chilly.

via Pinterest

9. The clothes. Boots, blazers, coats, sweaters, scarfs, and bags......oh my.


via House Beautiful

10. Last, but not least fall table settings. There is something so lovely about a table decorated for a fall gathering or family dinner. It seems like gatherings instantly become a bit more cozy, intimate, and special around this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment