Monday, December 10, 2012

New Things Around the House

This weekend we purchased a few new things for the house. Some needed, some wanted. It will be a few more months before we can fully redo our kitchen so we bought a few things to update it a bit. The dining part of our kitchen has been remodeled, well everything except the floor. Now we just have to start the remodel of the actual kitchen. I didnt want to spend a lot of money to do the updates so I searched for bargains and think I did pretty well. We bought new oil rubbed bronze door knobs for the french doors (this was a need). Then we bought this wreath by Allen + Roth at Lowe's to add a holiday touch to the kitchen. I hung it with burlap ribbon I bought a few months ago.

I bought this new gray chevron print rug at Ballard Designs. This was a steal at only $40.00. I am very into gray right now. I originally saw this rug in a dining room in the November issue of Better Homes and Gardens. I knew I had to have it!








We do not have a formal dining area, and our kitchen is too small for a hutch so I had to think outside of the box a little bit. This weekend we went to Ikea and I found this plate shelf for only $70.00. It fits perfectly on the wall and allows me to display my white platters and dishes. Pretty and practical!






I have always loved the schoolhouse lights like this one. I could not justify spending $140.00 on lights that may or may not stay when the kitchen is remodeled. I looked around and found something similar at Home Depot for $29.00. I love the way they look in the kitchen. I loved them so much we bought three of them.






















I bought this sign the day I found out I had melanoma at a little boutique. It used to hang in our kitchen but I put on the mantle of the fireplace. I love what is says. It's something old put in a new place.

No comments:

Post a Comment