Friday, December 7, 2012

Reflections

" If you could only sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; how important you can be to people you may never even dream of. There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person. "  Fred Rogers

I was going to write a typical post about another Christmas cookie recipe we tried tonight, but something was pulling me in a different direction. I have been thinking alot about the people I have met over the years, the last six in particular. I met some of my dearest friends during that time, and some of the strangest, most crazy people ever. Kind of ironic that I met them all in the same place. Some of them have changed me forever, in ways they will never know. It's funny how one moment, with one person can have such an impact on your life.

Do you ever wonder why God brings certain people into your life? I do, often. While in New Orleans this summer I met some incredible people. The kind who inspire you in your daily life. In a time when I needed it the most, they reminded me of all the good that still exists in the world.

This time of year also has me thinking about the people my family and I have lost through the years. My mother in law has been gone almost a year, that doesnt seem possible. I still think of her often. Her face still plain as day in my mind. Then there is Billie, she was possibly one of the greatest people I have ever met. God blessed me by bringing her into our lives. She was not just my babysitter, she was a grandmother to me. I think about her all the time and I miss her so much. She was the kindest soul. She will forever remain in my heart.

I am lucky enough to still be best friends with someone I met in Kindergarten. Isnt life funny? She and I are definitely kindred spirits. We have both experienced people coming and going into our lives, but we remain.

Then there is my husband, he and I grew up together. then married. I said I would marry him when I was 11 years old. He has always been a part of my life in some way or another. I dont really know life without him. I dont want to.

Here's to the people we meet, and to those who forever change us.

No comments:

Post a Comment