Friday, August 23, 2013

Recipe | Vanilla Bean Buttercream | Classic Yellow Layer Cake



Yesterday I learned a valuable lesson about recipes. The lesson is if you have a recipe that always works for you, stick to it! I wanted to make a layer cake with Vanilla Buttercream so decided to try a new buttercream recipe found on Pinterest. Needless to say, it was a complete DISASTER. I then made my usual buttercream, and added Vanilla Bean Paste. It was delicious! The perfect icing for my layer cake. My go to yellow cake batter recipe can be found here. Works every time. Have a great weekend everyone!

Vanilla Bean Buttercream

2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste

Place the sticks of butter in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on setting 4 until creamy. Add in the powdered sugar and mix on setting 2 until combined, stopping to scrape the sides of your bowl as needed. Add in the vanilla bean paste and mix just until incorporated.

No comments:

Post a Comment