Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Simple + Foolproof Caramel



Have you ever burned a batch of caramel? I know I have once or twice, until today that is. The caramel recipe I am sharing with you today is FOOLPROOF. Promise. Give it a try and send me an email or comment to let me know how it turned out for you!

Simple Caramel
recipe adapted from Southern Living

Bring 1 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water to a boil in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Boil for 3 minutes or until sugar melts and liquid is clear, swirling occasionally. Cover with lid and boil for another minute. Remove the lid. Boil, gently swirling often and checking color every few 10 seconds for about 4 minutes until mixture is a medium to dark amber. Remove from heat. Gradually whisk in 1 cup of heavy cream. Cook, whisking constantly on low heat until smooth. Remove from the heat again and stir in 2 tsp pure vanilla extract and 1/4 teaspoon flake sea salt. Cover and refrigerate up to 1 week.



No comments:

Post a Comment