Thursday, February 6, 2014

Sara's House | New Chair | Living Room Remodel

photo from Pottery Barn 
One of my favorite rooms in our house used to be our living area, it was the first room we remodeled after moving in. Now, since redoing our kitchen, and adding the walk-in pantry, is it my new favorite space in the house. It is honestly where I spend ninety percent of my time. In the early fall, my husband stopped at a yard sale and stumbled upon a wingback chair, identical to the one in the photo, but covered in a very old, dated fabric. The chair had great bones, and a $25.00 price tag. Score! He knew I had to have the chair, so he loaded it up and brought it home. I was thrilled! We immediately sent it to the upholstery shop to have it reupholstered. The only problem was deciding on a fabric. Well a couple of weeks ago, we finally decided to go with a neutral shade, very similar to the one pictured. Here is the problem, with this new chair came inspiration for a newly remodeled living room. Now we are planning to get new sofas, a coffee table, side table, and we are painting the entry, living room, and hallway. I see many late nights in my future. I am anxious to start this remodel, now each time I look into our living room from the kitchen I only see all the flaws and little things that need to be done. I will be blogging about the progress of the remodel, along with our final furniture and paint selections. All of this for the love of a chair! Have a wonderful afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment