Saturday, August 23, 2014

Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte Syrup


With only two weekends left of summer, and the early release of Starbucks Pumpkin Spice products, I have fall on my mind. So much so that I went online searching for Pumpkin Spice Latte syrups, and stumbled across recipes for homemade versions. So instead of buying a bottle, I decided to make my own. My recipe is a bit more spice, and a little less pumpkin flavor. The good thing about the recipe is you can add more or less pumpkin, depending on what flavors you like. I hope you enjoy this little sneak peak of fall.

Pumpkin Spice Latte Syrup

2 cups water
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cinnamon sticks
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon fresh nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon allspice
4 tablespoons pure pumpkin puree

In a medium saucepan, over medium high heat, combine all the ingredients. Stir until sugar is completely dissolved. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, but DO NOT allow to boil. Strain mixture through a fine mesh strainer over a medium size bowl, then pour into an airtight container, such as a Weck juice jar. Store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. Be sure to shake before using because the pumpkin will separate and settle in the botttom of the jar. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment