Sunday, August 5, 2012

Apple Dumplings



My mom has been making these apple dumplings for a few years, but yesterday I decided to try to make them. I am so glad I did. Honestly, this is going to make me sound so lazy, but the reason I havent made these before is because I dont like to peel the apples. I have kept this apple peeler tucked away in a drawer for two years and yesterday I finally used it. I cant believe I didnt use it sooner.



I love this little gadget, it does everything for you. Anyways, back to the dumplings. These are more of a fall dessert, but I just couldnt wait. The filling is sweet and tart, and the outside is so gooey and delicious.  The dumplings are one of the easiest things I have ever made. Can you believe the juice is made from mountain dew? Well it helps make part of the juice, the other part is sugar, butter, vanilla, and cinnamon. If you are trying to lose weight, this isnt really the recipe for you. Nothing about this is low fat. Sorry guys. I think they might be worth cheating on your diet. You be the judge. You will not be sorry.  MAKE THEM!


Apple Dumplings

2 cans crescent rolls
2 large granny smith apples, peeled cored and sliced into 16 pieces
2 sticks butter, melted
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1 12 oz can moutain dew

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13x9 pan. Unroll the crescents and split them into 16 pieces. Roll one apple piece into each crescent with seam side down and tuck in the edges. Lay the dumplings into the pan. In a saucepan melt the butter, then add the sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon, Barely stir this. You want it to be semi lumpy and grainy. Pour the butter mixture all over the dumplings, coating each one. Then pour the mountain dew around the edges and place in the oven. Bake for 40 minutes. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment