Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Sara's House

Since this is my first blog post, I have appropriately titled it "Sara's House" . I will be blogging about my love for my family, life, food, interior design, and photography. Our house is a ranch style home and it was built in the early 80's. My husband and I bought the house in 2007 and began remodeling it immediately. The house is still a work in progress, but it has become our home.

 My husband and I have done all of the remodeling and decorating ourselves so I think that is why we are so proud of the way it turned out. I figured out that when you are the one who is doing all of the work it means so much more because you put your heart and soul into it. I think now, when you walk into our home, you immediately get a sense of who we are and that is the way a home should be. I am particularly proud of the entryway of our home. When you walk in,  the walls are filled with black and white photos of all sizes that I have taken of our kids or things that inspire me.

Next year we are hoping to remodel the kitchen and both bathrooms,  which I am so excited about. The kitchen is my absolute favorite room in the house because it seems to be where my family gathers. If I am in my kitchen, my kids are soon to follow, and I would not have it any other way. Cooking is something I have grown to love, for me it is a creative outlet. It allows me to express myself and show my love to others. Sunday dinner has become a tradition at our house. Every Sunday my family comes over or whoever would like to attend and I make dinner. I will also be blogging about the foods I cook and photos will be shown as well. I am going to end this post on that note and I hope you will continue to read my blog. Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment