Monday, January 23, 2012

Entry Remodel

This is the entryway of Sara's house. I am very proud of this space in the house and I think it is one of my favorite rooms. When we bought our house the front door was a rusty brown, now the door is a very glossy Black. My husband used automotive paint to paint the door and I love the way it turned out. The walls were covered in a blue and white striped wall paper on top and the bottom was covered in brown paneling. Ivory ceramic tiles covered the floor. 


We ripped off the wallpaper and textured the walls, then painted them this pretty blue (Stonefence is the exact name of the color). The paneling was removed and we covered the bottom of the walls in white beadboard. The floors are now stained concrete in Espresso. My husband added the crown molding last year and I love how much detail it gives the space. The walls are covered in black and white photographs that I took. We found an old bench with storage and painted it black and put it in the entry. Welcome to Sara's house!

No comments:

Post a Comment