Monday, January 30, 2012

Kitchen Remodel

Spring is approaching fast and it has me thinking about our kitchen remodel. What exactly do I want my kitchen to say about me? I do know that I want it to be classic with a bit of a modern twist, the kind of space that never goes out of style. The kitchen as it is now is functional but leaves much to be desired in the style department. It is a galley style kitchen and there is no formal dining space. My husband bought our kitchen table when he bought his first home and it has definitely seen better days. I love the table itself but hate the color. The pedestal table fits the space perfectly so I am going to stain it and buy new chairs. The only question is what color to stain it? I am leaning towards black but I am afraid it will scratch too easily and show every flaw. Black doesn't seem practical in a house with four children. Maybe white or gray? We also have new french doors in the space that we have to consider as well because we are contemplating painting those as well to give them a more custom look. 

Here's what I am thinking, the pedestal table stained in black and the french doors painted a very pale gray. The wall color will be neutral and a new light fixture will replace the existing one. There are so many decisions to make when it comes to a remodel. I think the end result will look amazing and fit our family perfectly. Goodbye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment