Monday, February 20, 2012

Chocolate Grilled Cheese

I came home from work today, and wanted to make something using my bag of leftover chocolate chips. First I thought maybe some homeade chocolate chip cookies, but the kids had not eaten dinner yet. I wanted something cute, simple, creative, and kid friendly. So I thought why not chocolate grilled cheese? How much more simple and kid friendly could it get? I used a heart shaped cookie cutter to make it a little more special. My kids loved them. If you like what you see, the recipe is below. Happy Monday everyone!


Chocolate Grilled Cheese

2 slices of white bread
about a handful of semi sweet or milk chocolate chips
butter or margarine 
powdered sugar for dusting
chocolate shavings for decoration

Spread a thin layer of butter or margarine on one side of each slice of white bread.
Place one piece of bread, butter side down, in a pan on the stove. 
Then put the chocolate chips on top of the piece of bread. 
Then place the second piece of bread, butter side up, on top of them.
Cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes or until bread is toasted and chocolate is melted.
Remove from the pan and place on a plate.
Sprinkle each side with powdered sugar and grated chocolate (chocolate shavings).
Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment