Friday, October 18, 2013

Fall + Life Lately



Well fall is in full swing at our house, and the weather here is starting to feel like fall as well. Our days have been filled with pie making, baking, birthday celebrations, family dinners, and plenty of coffee and hot chocolate. Tonight we are kicking off the weekend with a huge pot of my daughter Kaile's favorite, Taco Soup. Tomorrow we are spending our Saturday out on the soccer field and then we will be indoors for volleyball later in the day. We are hoping the weather cooperates long enough to do a little pumpkin carving on the porch tomorrow evening. Did I mention we are in the middle of redoing our kitchen? It is a bit of a disaster right now, but we are hoping to have everything complete by the end of next week. I will be blogging and posting pictures as soon as it is complete. It will be finished just in time for the holiday season. I am beyond excited about it!!!!

The picture above is the pumpkin pie I made for Kristin's birthday dessert. Most kids ask for cupcakes, cake, or ice cream. Not my Kristin. I would rather make a pumpkin pie any day over cupcakes. She even asked me to make pretty fall crust to put on the top. Love her. We love fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment