Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Backyard Inspiration



Good morning everyone. Last night I was looking on the internet for outdoor furniture and decorations to get our patio and backyard ready for the warmer months. I found some amazing things, and I was so excited that I ran into the bedroom to show my husband, who by the way looked at me like I had lost my mind. I can't help it, decorating gets me so excited.I gave him a list of the things we needed to buy and do, and well he didnt look as enthusiastic as I was. God bless my husband. Lol.  I have the image in my head of what the porch and yard will look like once it is complete, and it will be very pretty. I cannot wait until Spring arrives, but would prefer not to have any tornadoes if nature can help it. I am ready to open my french doors leading out to the porch, and let the wind blow through the house. Here are a few pieces of inspiration and a few things I plan to purchase for the backyard.
I love this porch. It looks very similar in layout to ours.
These are from Crate and Barrel. I want to buy several of these and hang in the huge tree in our backyard.
I love these chairs. They are fold up chairs so they can be stored away later. They are $14.99 from ikea. You cant beat that price. They have green, red, and white. I think i want to buy six of them and mix and match the green and white, but not sure yet. I have this gorgeous black wooden door that my husband made into a table for me last year. These would look great with it, mixing modern and traditional styles.I am going to put the table underneath the large tree in our backyard, along with the chairs for an outdoor dining space.
These rockers are new from Ikea. They are $129.00 each. I want to buy two of these to go on the porch and make cushions to go on them. I love the style of these. They are rustic, but with a bit of a modern twist.
This porch is adorable and not overcrowded. It is very simple. I like simple and classic things.

2 comments:

  1. Sara,
    Love your blog! I just found you from Pinterest. You have some great recipes and cute ideas I can't wait to try. I think we have the same taste!
    Thank you for putting me on your blogroll. I am going to add you to mine too!

    Kim:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      Thank you so much. You are the first person to comment on my blog. Woo hoo! I adore your blog and found you on Pinterest as well. I look forward to seeing your posts. Thank you for adding me to your blog roll. We do have very similar taste.

      Sara

      Delete