Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Art of Making Sweet Tea

There are three things I am sure to always have in my refrigerator, sweet tea is one of them. Sweet tea is a staple in the south, you will  find it on the menu of practically every restaurant down here. There is nothing like a tall glass of sweet tea to quinch your thirst on a summer day. I pride myself in making amazing sweet tea, this took lots of practice, for me it's almost a science. I can make it with my eyes closed.  There is no store bought tea in a jug at Sara's house. Here is my recipe for the best sweet tea you will ever drink.

Sara's Sweet Tea

3 family size lipton tea bags
2 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 cups sugar
lemon slices if desired


Put 2 1/2 cups of water into a pan, along with the 3 tea bags. Bring to a boil over medium to high heat. Once boiling, remove from heat and place lid on the pan. Let the tea sit for about 2 hours. Put 1 1/2 cups of sugar into a tea pitcher and set aside. After setting for two hours, strain the tea into the pitcher. Add about 3 cups of cold water, depending on the size of your pitcher. Add lemon if desired. Pour over ice and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment