Monday, May 14, 2012

Agrarian



Alexandra Chicken Coop and Run from the Agarian collection at Williams-Sonoma




This year, my husband and I planted our very first garden, and I am so glad we did. There is nothing like eating something you have grown in your own soil. The farm to table concept seems to be a growing trend among many, as it should be. People should have a healthy awareness of where their food comes from. Our garden is doing pretty well, so we have decided to add a few more additions to the backyard. My husband built me a raised bed from metal scraps he welded together, I love it. It has that old, rustic vibe to it, I want more of them. I want two or three more scattered across the backyard, along with a chicken coop and chickens. I want fresh eggs, nothing compares to the taste of a fresh egg. Everything tastes better fresh. We have two acres of land so we might as well put it to good use. Farming and gardening is a great experience for children. Our kids are particularly excited about the chickens, today they are going with my husband to pick out the reclaimed wood to build our new coop. William Sonoma is one of my absolute favorite places to shop, and their Agrarian collection is beautiful. The Alexandria chicken coop and run is our inspiration for our chicken coop. Have you planted anything recently?



Raised beds from the Agrarian Collection at Williams-Sonoma. They are simple and beatiful. I hope to have about 3 or 4 of these in my backyard before the summer is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment