Monday, September 15, 2014

Hello Fall

Even though fall doesn't officially arrive for a few more days, I am already in full on fall mode with my decorating, food, and fashion. Who cares if it's 95 degrees outside, and I am cooking chili wearing a sweater and boots. I can crank down the air and pretend....right?  I even created a new blog header to celebrate the arrival of my favorite season. Which I love by the way, this is my favorite header so far! What do you think? This year, I wanted to decorate our house for fall with more natural elements. I brought in heirloom pumpkins, antlers, and gorgeous acorns from our yard. The acorns are probably my favorite so far, just look at that lovely shade of green! I wanted to decorate using muted shades of green, yellow, brown, gray, and orange. I still have a few things I want to do, but it is starting to come together. Here are a few photos of the house so far. Tomorrow I will be sharing my recipe for Apple Pie Bites. Goodnight.

This has become my new favorite spot in the house.


Sofa with pale gray + navy pillows  

I love the muted orange of his heirloom pumpkin.


I added a little color to our console with these mustard colored branches, then of course my black + white photos are on display everywhere in the house.




Mantle decorated using a mix of pumpkins, mercury glass, faux leaf garland, and candles. I love these gray tapers purchased from Everyday Occasions.








2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Fall decorations! It's my favorite time of year, love the way Fall decorations cozy up the home. I just stumbled upon your blog and I'm enjoying catching up on your past posts. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon! Fall is my absolute favorite time of year. Have a great evening.

      Delete