Thursday, June 14, 2012

Summer


I love summer, it is my second favorite season. Our family has kicked off the season with a vacation to Arkansas, a Saturday trip to the local farmer's market, and ice creams on the porch swing. As a mom, summer is great because I no longer have that rushed feeling in the evening to make dinner, cleanup, and automatically get kids ready for bed. We have time, time to enjoy the evening and just be. I can leave the dishes for a while, and let the kids stay up a little later. Here are a few of my favorite things about summer. What is your favorite thing about summer?

lazy days
walking barefoot in the grass
eating ice cream on the porch swing
warm nights
fireflies
vacations
kids playing in the sprinklers
4th of July
burgers cooking on the grill
farmer's markets
hot dogs
the dirty feet of my children
fresh fruits and veggies
no school
trips to the river to collect stones and rocks
our porch lit by candlelight and string lights
staying up past 10pm
cucumbers
flip flops and sandals
sundresses
peaches
the smell of honeysuckle
playing freeze tag in the backyard until dark

No comments:

Post a Comment