Monday, June 11, 2012

Homeade Ice Cream Sandwiches



My family and I went to Sur La Table this weekend, and I finally bought the ice cream sandwich pan I have been wanting, and a few other things of course. I decided to make homeade ice cream sandwiches as a summer treat for the kids on Sunday, and they were a huge hit. I have never made ice cream sandwiches before, so I bought some ice cream sandwich cookie mix to try first. It was good, but homeade would be much better. This time I just put a scoop of  plain vanilla ice cream into each cookie, but you can use any flavor you like. I am going to use cookies and cream ice cream the next time I make these, which will be very soon.


If for some reason I don't make something completely from scratch, I use Stonewall Kitchen products.. In my opinion, their products are the next best thing to homeade. If you are wanting a quick summer treat, then make these ice cream sandwiches. Follow the instructions on the back of the box and enjoy or make them from scratch. You won't regret it, they are perfect on a warm summer day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment