Monday, August 6, 2012

Sunday Dinner






Tonight is meet the teacher night at school so there probably wont be much time for cooking a meal. Our meal will probably consist of frozen chicken nuggets or hot pockets. I'm getting the mother of year award I tell you. Frozen chicken nuggets arent that exciting so I am writing about our Sunday dinner we had yesterday. Since coming home from New Orleans, I have been wanting to recreate the meal I had at Superior Grill. It was to die for. I had seared scallops, fingerling potatoes, and haricot vert. The potatoes were drizzled in white wine and butter sauce. AMAZING! Hands down, one of the best meals I have ever eaten in my life.



On Sundays when I make dinner, I try to please everyone. I make at least one thing everyone will like, whether its the meat or the side dish, or dessert. I knew my children wouldnt eat the seared scallops so we had a grilled pork tenderloin. The tenderloin was a definite crowd pleaser enjoyed by all. For the sides I made roasted fingerling potatoes, sauteed asparagus with butter and garlic sauce, and  fresh green beans cooked in a butter and wine sauce. I served everything in pretty white platters and bowls to enhance the beautiful colors of the vegetables. Our dinner was amazing. My mom said it was the best meal she had eaten in a long time. That makes me happy. Sunday dinner is my way of giving back to my family. It's the time we all get together to talk about our week and the week ahead. I feel like it is important for families to have dinner together, children need that. My kids look forward to each Sunday, sometimes more so than Saturday. Dinner at my house is now a Sunday tradition. Do you have any family traditions or rituals?

No comments:

Post a Comment