Sunday, March 17, 2013

Tropical Fruit Salad with Lime + Honey Dressing

Today Allen went to an auction so the kids and I had the house to ourselves. We spent most of our day in the kitchen. My mom gave me a few mangos and a pineapple this afternoon. I instantly knew what I wanted to make with them, tropical fruit salad. It is one of my favorite things to eat, and so simple to make. This is a wonderful healthy dessert option or it would make a lovely side dish for a brunch. So go on and make it. See for yourself.



Tropical Fruit Salad

3/4 cup shredded coconut flakes, toasted
zest of 1 lime and juice of 2
1 small pineapple, peeled and diced
1 mango, peeled and diced
2 bananas, peeled and diced
small bunch of green grapes
2 tablespoons of honey

Heat oven at 350 degrees. Place coconut flakes on a baking sheet and cook until lightly toasted. Remove and set aside. Place all of the fruit in a large bowl. Whisk together the lime juice, zest, and honey. Pour over the fruit and toss until all the fruit is lightly coated. Sprinkle the toasted coconut over the fruit salad and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment