Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Strawberry + Mango Fruit Salsa

As many of you know by now I love salsa. I love to eat it and I love to make it! I always make my restaurant style salsa, so I thought why not do something different? I had mango and strawberries in the fridge, along with a leftover jalapeno so I made fruit salsa. I must say this stuff is addicting! You don't even need chips because it tastes great all by itself. The best part is no guilt if you end of eating the entire bowl because everything in it is GOOD for you. Honey is the sweetener for this salsa. The jalapeno gives it a little kick so you get a nice blend of sweet and spicy. Another bonus is it only takes about fifteen minutes to make .

Strawberry + Mango Salsa

8 strawberries hulled and chopped
2 mangos peeled and chopped
1 jalapeno seeded and finely chopped
juice of 2 limes
2 tablespoons of honey ( more to taste)

Place strawberries, mangos, and jalapeno in a bowl. Add lime juice and honey then stir to combine. Refrigerate for one hour then enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment