Thursday, August 15, 2013

Simple Vanilla Sugar French Toast



Tonight I had originally planned to make dinner using the ground beef I sat in the fridge to thaw this morning. Well that plan didn't quite work out...don't you love when that happens? I opened up the package and discovered it had gone bad or what appeared to be spoiled. Either way I wasn't going to chance it, so I asked the kids what their second choice was and they all agreed on french toast. Now I am going to be honest, I don't normally make the french toast around our house, my husband does. He wasn't home so I made us my version of french toast, and the kids really loved it! I made it using vanilla sugar instead of regular sugar and Hope said she could taste the subtle hints of vanilla in it. I had to try it for myself and I really liked the small difference the vanilla sugar makes. I might even have another piece right now. Goodnight everyone!

Simple Vanilla Sugar French Toast

1 small loaf of Texas Toast
6 eggs
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla sugar

Preheat a griddle to 300 degrees. Crack the eggs into a medium size bowl and add in the cinnamon and sugar. Whisk until eggs are beaten and cinnamon and sugar are incorporated. Dip the bread slices, one at a time in the egg mixture, turning over to coat each side. Place the slices on the griddle and cook on each side about 2 minutes. Serve alone or with maple syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment