Monday, January 13, 2014

Simple Ingredients | Banana, Peanut Butter, and Honey Ice Cream



Do you prefer sweet or savory? I am a savory girl, but lately I have been craving all things sweet.  I indulged in those cravings for a little bit, my mind was telling me go for it, my waistline....not so much. In keeping with trying to eat a bit healthier, I made a dessert that satisfied my sweet tooth, but didn't expand my waist. Now I am a happy girl! This ice cream has three simple ingredients, bananas, peanut butter, and honey. Oh, and no ice cream maker required! I can eat as much as I want without feeling guilty.

Banana + Peanut Butter + Honey Ice Cream

3 bananas, peeled
2 tablespoons peanut butter
2 tablespoons organic honey ( It doesn't have to be organic)


Place all three ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Pour into an airtight container with a lid  and freeze. This can be stored in freezer for up to one week. Also you can add more or less peanut butter and honey to taste. I like the creaminess the peanut butter adds, and a little more honey gives it more sweetness.

No comments:

Post a Comment