Monday, March 3, 2014

Spinach + Artichoke Dip with Garlic Crostini



For some reason around midnight last night I had a craving for spinach and artichoke dip. While tempted to preheat the oven and make it that very second, I decided to try and forget the dip, and went to bed.  Well I woke up with an even more intense craving for this delicious dip. With that being said, I knew what had to be done.....I made the dip. So worth it and craving satisfied. In fact, I may or may not have eaten this dip for breakfast. Again....worth it! We are iced in today, which meant no chance to go to the store for pita chips. So I improvised, and made garlic crostini using a little garlic oil and a fresh baguette I picked up on Sunday. I think I will make crostini to serve with the dip from now on. Spinach and artichoke dip is the perfect combination of vegetables and warm and gooey cheese. Definitely a comfort food in our house. You will find the recipe below, have a great day.


Spinach + Artichoke Dip 

1/2 cup real mayonnaise
1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sour cream
2 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese (reserve 1/2 cup cheese for top of dip) 
1 cup chopped and  drained marinated artichokes ( I use Cara Mia brand ) 
2 1/2 cups chopped spinach, thawed and drained of excess liquid
1 1/2 tablespoons roasted garlic puree ( You can also use roasted garlic ) 
1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the ingredients and season to taste. Transfer to a baking dish, I use my Emily Henry ruffled pie dish for a prettier presentation. Top with remaining 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, and place in oven for 25 minutes or until bubbling and browned around the edges. Serve warm with tortilla chips, pita chips, or crostini. 


No comments:

Post a Comment