Friday, March 6, 2015

Recipe : Lime Gin Fizz with a Blackberry + Thyme Garnish

I'm back! It feels so good to be blogging again. I just realized I haven't written a post since November, that's crazy. I guess that is what happens when life happens, and then of course, the holidays. Mine were good, and I hope yours were as well. Happy to be in a new year, and even happier that winter is almost over! Who's with me? So, with spring being just around the corner,I wanted to share this great little cocktail recipe I created this morning. Yep, that's right, morning. No judgement people, and I only had a couple of sips because of the antibiotics I am on. Alcohol and Flagyl mixed apparently cause the worst nausea of your life, NO THANKS! I can say the few sips I had were quite refreshing, and the flavors instantly reminded me of spring. This drink would be perfect for your first alfresco dinner of the upcoming season, or even  summer. Seriously considering it for a girl's night in I am hosting in a few weeks. Did I mention it only has two ingredients? Well four if you count the garnish. Enjoy and have a great weekend!

Lime Gin Fizz 

2 oz.gin ( I used Hendrick's brand)
Italian Lime Soda, chilled ( I use Whole Foods brand)
Sprig of fresh thyme
3 or 4 fresh blackberries

Fill a glass of your choice with a few cubes of ice, then pour in the gin. Add the Italian Lime Soda, then garnish with the thyme sprig and blackberries. Serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment