Friday, July 17, 2015

Summer Drink : Strawberry Ginger Cooler

Happy Friday! With the weekend beginning, I thought I would share with you the recipe for my new favorite summer drink, it's what I am calling a Strawberry Ginger Cooler. I could drink a pitcher of this by myself...seriously. I don't mean to seem full of myself or anything, it really is just that good. Give the recipe a try and see for yourself! Have a good weekend.










Strawberry Ginger Cooler

12 strawberries, hulled and quartered, plus a few more for garnish
5 thin cut lime slices
1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger (be sure to peel it first)
2 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
4  lemon balm leaves ( mint also works well)
3/4 cup lime italian soda (ginger ale would also work if you cannot find the soda)

In a cocktail shaker, muddle together the strawberries, lime slices, ginger, 3 lemon balm leaves, and the sugar until it becomes almost liquid or like a puree. Add in a cup of ice, and the italian soda. Shake well until chilled and combined. Pour into two glasses and garnish with the extra lime slices, lemon balm, and strawberries. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment