Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Style Resolutions



This year we are doing things a bit differently in our house. Not only are we working on our personal resolutions, we are also working on a few style resolutions as well. I will be honest, the style resolutions are much more fun. With the holidays being over, I wanted to give our home a fresh new look by making small changes in each space of the house. The first changes were made in the living room. I finally purchased the console table I had been wanting. I cannot believe I didnt get it sooner. The white garden stool was an accidental find while in search of something else. It adds additional seating without taking up too much space. Very pretty in front of the window paired with the console. I wish I could have found another one to go with it.



 Fresh flowers are always a nice touch to any room. Hydrangeas are my favorite. I also bought a new mercury glass lamp for the table. Our other lamp wasnt the right height. We went to PotteryBarn last weekend and I found a few new votive candle holders. The one shown above is my favorite. An old photo was placed in a new frame to complete the look.


I may have mentioned this before but I love lanterns. Love love love them. So I could not pass up the opportunity to buy this one from the new Spring collection at PotteryBarn. The orange one provides a nice punch of color. A few books and another votive completes the new look. Over the next few weeks I will be posting more of our style resolutions. Are you renovating a space in your home right now? Do you have any style resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment