Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Living Room Reveal

Hello everyone! It has been such a long time since my last blog post, and it feels so good to be back. Things have been quite busy around our house over the last month, especially with the living room remodel. It has been so much fun remodeling the space, but stressful at the same time. I know you guys know how stressful remodeling can be. We basically started from scratch because we sold and donated almost all of our old furniture, with the exception of two console tables, and a garden stool. As much as I wish we had an unlimited amount of money to spend on the house, we bought everything with our budget in mind. When I pictured how I wanted the space to look when it was complete, I pictured a fresh, light, and airy space that was warm, inviting, and comfortable as well. I accomplished that. It feels so much brighter and fresh. I love it! It feels like a beach house without the beach. Lol. We purchased our slipcovered sofa, and the two slipcovered chairs from Pottery Barn. We got a great deal on the sofa because we purchased it from the outlet, and they took another 20% off because of the upholstery event they were having. It cost half of what it would had it been purchased in store or online. Also, I didn't want to wait eight weeks for a new couch so it worked out well. I am not a patient person, I don't like waiting. I prefer instant gratification. The two slipcovered chairs and black metal nesting tables were floor samples at our local Pottery Barn, so they were half off as well. The wingback chair and ottoman were purchased at a yard sale and a thrift shop. The chair was $25.00, and the ottoman was $4.00. I had them both recovered in Sunbrella indoor/outdoor fabric. With kids and pets you have to be realistic when choosing fabrics and materials for furniture. I feel like our choices are both practical and pretty. The space fits us now, and it finally feels like our home. What do you think of the space? More details to come. Goodnight everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment