Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I Do


My husband and I have been married for 7 years, and my only regret is not having a wedding. At the time, he was in the military , and I lived 350 miles away from where he was stationed, so we were married on November 26, 2004, the day after Thanksgiving at the court house.I didn't think it was that important, but as time has gone by I realized a  part of me has always been dissapointed that we didnt have a wedding, or at least a party to celebrate with our family and friends. So, with that being said, we are thinking about having a vow renewal ceremony. Allen and I have always said if we made it five years then we would renew our vows, well it has been seven so I think it is overdue. The best part of all of this is our children will get to be a part of it. The ceremony wont be anything elaborate, because I dont need that, I just want it to be simple and elegant. I want to wear a wedding gown, but I don't care what my husband wears, as long as he is the one standing at the end of the aisle waiting for me. We do not have an actual date set yet, but when we do I will have everything planned. Here are a few pictures of the ideas I have for our big day. Are you getting married soon?   

I am very petite, so I think this dress would suit my body type. I love it. She looks so graceful and elegant.


reception idea

ceremony idea

I love this cake, but I am thinking I will only need three tiers.
Possible Ceremony and Reception Songs (I have been thinking about this day for a long time)

Porcelain by Lucy Schwartz
To Make You Feel My Love by Adele
A Thousand Years by Christina Perri
My Girl by the Temptations
Going to the Chapel
Thank You for Loving Me by Jon Bon Jovi
Chances by Five for Fighting


2 comments:

  1. What a fun idea. You should for sure do it! What girl wouldn't want to re-do her wedding anyway? Mine was 15 years ago and I'd totally change everything. Planning would be half the fun! I vote for A Thousand Years for the song..Love that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kim. I think it will be so much fun to get to do this.Planning is so much fun. I have watched so many of my girlfriends get married and plan it, now I get the chance to do it. I am so excited. I have heard many people say that if they could redo their wedding, they would change everything. I love A Thousand Years also. Trying to incorporate all these songs into the ceremony somehow or reception. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete